As her boyfriend just had showed his true colours by screwing around while she was diagnosed with cancer and her photographer business went belly up Addy decides to go on adventure and follow in her father'footsteps and maybe find a sibling her father never mentioned. She goes to Morocco thinking she can use the trip for a photobook about the country.
The novel was appealing to me on so many levels:
- Addy - my mother's name
- breastcancer at 40 - been there
- Morocco - seen that
- local boyfriend - had one (in Jordan)
- people having better things to do when you are very ill - alas met those as well
So maybe it was more interesting to me than to an average person. I recognised the local sites even when the falls were renamed.
There were a couple of things that could have been done better:
- breastcancer: Well mine was very very severe so that might be different but it is odd she never is fearful afterwards. You are not cured just because treatment is over.
- boyfriend - somehow he just seems bossy and not so attractive
- the ending: That did suck big time!!! The last couple of pages ruined the plot in my opinion because it made all the other shenanigans not logical anymore. (Or I missed something????)
Nevertheless: still a nice book to read
4 stars out of 5